Four Star Luxury Spa Hotel in Velingrad

About the project

Location: Velingrad, Bulgaria

Building type: Hotel and apartments

Surface: 13 500 m²

Project and realization: 2008

The town of Velingrad is located in the Rhodopi Mountains, which is one of the most beautiful areas in Bulgaria, and is gradually developing as one of the best potential spa destinations in Europe due to its 90 sources of mineral water. Within this context, our parcel (with a total surface area of 13 500 m²) is in one of the most attractive and central locations and has a source of high-quality mineral water located precisely on its land.

In addition to turning the whole complex southwestwardly, the amphitheater-type composition also gives it the best view to the surrounding area. Its spinal column represents a covered street that is designed like a winter garden with an abundance of plants and vegetation, which provides an inner access to the spa center from all the parts of the complex.

With its total surface area of 9 500 m², the apartment complex is composed of 5 blocks with 170 apartments, 80% of which are studios and the remaining 20%, 1 and 2-bedroom apartments. The hotel part (with a total surface area of 4 500 m²) is located in the southwestern branch of the complex and divided into 3 corpuses and a total of 70 rooms and suites. The common areas (with a surface area of about 4 000 m²), including the lobby, restaurants, cafes, nightclub, shops, and conference center, are all located on the ground floor in the vicinity of the arch-like covered street.

Although the whole complex is designed to cover the requirements for a 4-star hotel, it could also be upgraded to a 5-star complex.